Re: [Question #76617]: How to set up home dir encryption?

aspa is still having a problem:
For performance as well as usability reasons I'd like to encrypt the
user's home directory and not the whole volume (e.g. using LVM). I use
the machine at work and we've a policy requiring that all the work
related files must be encrypted. To avoid compromising that policy by
mistakenly placing files in the wrong directory I'd like to encrypt the
contents of the entire home directory.

I used the be a Mac OS X user previously and I'm really missing a
feature called FileVault from Mac OS X. It allows each user to encrypt
their home directory with a single click without having to worry about
it after that.

Since people are increasingly using laptops nowadays I think transparent
file system encryption is something that Ubuntu should really provide to
users.

Can I make a feature request for this somewhere?