[Question #76731]: Flash/Firefox Regression?

Firefox 3.0.11
Flash 10.0 r22 (installed from adobe-flashplugin 10.0.22.87-2jaunty1 package)

From: http://arstechnica.com/software/news/2008/10/benchmarking-flash-player-10.ars
Previous versions of Flash exhibit a very frustrating z-ordering bug
that caused Flash content to always be drawn on the very top layer,
where it could obscure dynamic HTML elements like drop-down menus. This
problem was caused by lack of proper WMODE support in Flash and in
Firefox. This long-standing bug has finally been fixed, and drop-down
menus are now correctly displayed on top. Users will need Firefox 3.0.2
or higher, however, in order for this to behave properly.

If this was fixed, why do I still get the problem?
Two examples:
http://leoville.com/
     The right two drop-down menus show up behind the flash-based friendfeed frame.
http://www.syfy.com/eureka/episodes/index.php
     The 'Shows' menu drops down behind the Eureka menu, the Eureka Video section, and the main video window.

Should I install flash from adobe's site (the same one the Ubuntu package downlaoded for me)? Remove it and try Gnash/Swfdec? Should I report as a bug?