Re: [Question #76776]: How to set IP address in kubuntu graphical desktop

Question #76776 on Ubuntu changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/76776

actionparsnip proposed the following answer:
If the user is a member of the admini group then it can use sudo and
gksudo to get priveledges to perform admin tasks.

To make system wide settings changes you will need to launch
systemsettings with kdesud. This is the graphical form of sudo.

I understand what you are saying about the gui to configure stuff but in
some cases it simply is easier, I do agree that this is scary for new
users and understand your needs.