Re: [Question #76841]: I need libstdc++.so.5 for linux ubuntu 9.04. Please guide me where can I download and how to install.

Mark Rijckenberg proposed the following answer:
Hi,

First please make sure to close all open programs, including all package
managers like Synaptic, Add/remove programs, etc ...

Then please try this procedure:

Step 1: Open Terminal from "Applications->Accessories->
Terminal"

Step 2: Run the following commands (copy-paste each line below to the
Terminal then hit <enter> after each line)

sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude install -f
sudo aptitude install libstdc++5

Step 3: Please post results (copy/paste terminal output from each
command) on this thread

Step 4: Continue with installation of ifort compiler.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Mark