[Question #76845]: Memory leaks is happening in my machine. How to solve this

Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 8.04 on 64 bit machine. From past 1 month my machine is becoming very slow. When I check the memory usage using system-monitor tool. It is showing above 80% memory usage when I am running just terminal. These are the list of processes using memory in MBs
gnome-pannel  11.1MB
gnome-system-monitor 8.2MB
gnome-terminal 7.9MB
pidgin 6.9MB
nautilus 2.4MB
seahourse-agent 1.7MB
metacity 1.5MB
bash 1.3MB
gnome-keyring-daemon 1.2MB
gvfsd-burn 1.1MB

The rest of the processes are in terms of KIBs
When I sum up all of them it does not become even 100MB. But in the Resources tab of the system monitor it is showing 371.9MiB is used out of 436.8 MiB. it is almost 85.1%

That means some process are leaking memory.
Please help me to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Prajwala