[Question #76866]: Cant Copy Files to external hard drive

I just switched to Xubuntu because i was told it would make my older labtop run faster,
and it does; however;

I cant download my torrents directly to my external hard drive
i cant copy my down loads from my lab top to my external hard drive,
i just want to drag and drop like in windows, or just click send to but every time i do it says

"Failed to copy, cannot create directory"
if you start telling me to use command prompt and line code, then never mind, i will switch back to windows,

thanks