Re: [Question #54487]: Clicking link in email does not open browser

Question #54487 on thunderbird in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/thunderbird/+question/54487

Jim Fuqua proposed the following answer:
I had the same problem and found a solution.

The custom preferred browser under System-Preferred  Applications - Web
Browser had Firefox-3.5  %u the same as the command in my desktop link.
I think I got it by looking at the preferences in the desktop link to
start with.

I noticed that under Preferred applications the listing for Thunderbird
had %s.  When I changed the Firefox command  to %s it worked properly.

I don't understand why the desktop icon has a "command" of Firefox-3.5
%u and the preferred application listing only works with a command of
Firefox-3.5 %s  but at least it works that way on my Ubuntu machine.