Re: [Question #76890]: E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem

mailo354 posted a new comment:
i tried to install open office. while installing it seemed to me that
the operation system is stuck after long waiting for a change and not
manageing to do nothing i reboot my computer since then i can't open the
open office nor get in the synaptic manager and i get the message

 E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

i tried to ran the command on the terminal (dpkg --configure -a) and each time i do it my computer is stuck and i need to reboot.
i tried other command i saw was writen to solve the problem like
sudo apt-get update/upgrade
but in the end it still writeing me to -->>you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem

i am a new user at linux and i want to remain in the system please
people any suggestion??