[Question #76917]: links are opened with quanta and not in browser

New question #76917 on Ubuntu:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/76917

Hello!
I upgraded kubuntu installation to 8.10.
I found two very similar strange behaviors related with opening html pages

1. when I try to open an url from kmail, quanta is run and not the default browser. Also if I click on the link inside the "submit bug" popup;

2. if I run  konqueror with no internet page displayed, type a query in the google search box in localtion toolbar and than run the query quanta is opened instead of the right google web page. But if I open a web page before performing the search everything works fine.

I checked the configuration using sudo update-alternatives --config x-www-browser and everything seems to be OK.
I also checked the kmail configuration and it's ok.

ciao
christian