[Question #76920]: Gmail will only display in basic HTML on one user profile

I'm using Ubuntu 9.04.  I have three profiles on my Gnome terminal, and everything works fine in two of them, but Gmail for some stupid reason will only display in basic HTML (rather than the standard view) on my profile.  It did this for about a week, maybe 10 days, then displayed standard view for a couple of days, and then went back to displaying only in basic HTML a day or so ago.

When I try to get Gmail to display in standard view, it shows the loading bar (like Gmail always does when you log in) but it doesn't quite fill completely and it won't go any further unless I switch to basic HTML.

Can anyone help?