[Question #76926]: Uninstalling Ubunut 9.04

So, I'm completely new to linux. I just installed ubuntu 9.04, and I chose the 'install side by side' with XP option so I can choose the OS I want to boot in to at start up. Now, I installed it, and restarted to get back in to XP, and grub will not let me do it. Now, I'm stuck in ubuntu, and I can't get back to XP. Ever time I try and choose it at start up, it doesn't work, and just sends me back to the screen where the options to boot in to are located. I booted from the live CD, and tried to get in to gparted to delete it, but it won't let me do that either. it seems to be locked, if the keys next to that partition are any indication. the other partitions are there, but the ubuntu one is locked, and my C drive in XP is not being detected. I also tried using the cd for XP and typing in fixmbr, but that didn't work either. I just want to uninstall ubuntu now. can anyone help? if anyone has any tips, please PLEASE be detailed because I really don't know how to use commands or code or any of that. Thank you so very much in advance!