[Question #76951]: ACPI_PSS problem with DFI 790gx-M3H5

I am setting up a dual boot system on a new computer, all new hardware.  I was orignally able to partition the hard drive with 9.04 Ubuntu Studio (64bit) DVD, and installed windows 7 x64 on the first partition.  The grub menu comes up and I can go into Windows, but I cannot get Ubuntu to load, it crashes on boot.  I tried re-loading Ubuntu AMD64, same issue.  The errors fly by too fast, but I can see that "Bios does not provided ACPI_PSS in a way that Linux Understands" and another error concerning Powernow-K8.
Machine:
DFI LP Jr 790GX-M3H5, latest stable bios
AMD Phenom II X4 955be (OC to 3.62 GHz)
OCZ Platinum 2 x 2GB DDR3 1066
NVidia GTS250
Seagate 7200.11 320 GB
BGears Tarantula 650w PS

I need to get this machine running on the Linux side for rendering work.  Thanks.