[Question #76963]: update message error

Not technical Beginner struggling with Ubuntu 8.10

I updated Open Office and must have screwed up somehow because ever since I cannot run a complete update.
I'm trying to install Banshee and I get the following error message

W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net intrepid Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 4874D3686E80C6B7
W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/openoffice-pkgs/ppa/ubuntu/dists/intrepid/Release  Unable to find expected entry  deb-src/binary-i386/Packages in Meta-index file (malformed Release file?)
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.\

How can I fix this?
Any suggestion (step by step and in plain English please) is welcome :-)