Re: [Question #76843]: what OS to install on TOSHIBA T8000

Tom proposed the following answer:
122 • VectorLinux 6 for the Tecra T8000 (by Caitlyn Martin on 2009-07-14
18:35:00 GMT from United States)

My recommendation would be slightly different than Paul's. The text
based installer may not be pretty but it goes through exactly the same
steps as the GUI installer. Unless you have a real aversion to an
ncurses-based installer I'd go with Vector Linux Light 6.0.
Smaller/lighter apps and an IceWM or JWM based desktop will run faster
on a 336MHz processor and 256MB of RAM than the Standard version with
either Xfce or LXDE. Everything in the VL repository will be available
if you must have any heavier apps. I'd go with the Light version on a
machine with those specs.