[Question #76991]: unable to install grub in hd0 Need help Please!!

Thanks for looking. I have been searching and trying different ways to get this installed with no sucess. I am a Linux newbie & OSX newbie.

I am trying to triple boot with vista OSX and Ubuntu 9.04.

I did have Vista, OSX, & Ubuntu installed but OSX did not show up in the menu (I did not know that I had to edit the list to get it to show up again).
So I have tried reinstalling everything multiple time but I keep on getting:

"unable to install grub in hd0" Executing grub-install (hd0) failed. This is a fatal error. I have been searching and trying different ways to get this installed with no sucess.

I don't know why it worked for the first 5 installs or so except for the missing OSX in the menu, but now no matter what I do I get the same error.
I have (1) 1.5tb sata drive with Vista installed first, OSX second, everything works great, Install Ubuntu and get the error. (I still can use Vista, OSX but no Ubuntu).

I have tried usig Vista to create all the different partitions during the Vista install and also in Vista's disk management but get the same error message. I tried using G-Parted Live to create all the partitions but no sucess.

The way I got it to work originally was after Vista and OSX was installed (I still had unpartitioned space that I was going to use for Ubuntu) all the partitions was originaly created with G-Parted. When installing Ubuntu I used the option to install them side by side (program will shrink vista partition to make a bigger Ubuntu  partition (default looks like it was 2.5gb but I made it 100gb) Unpartitioned space was not used. And it worked that way except for the missing OSX in the menu. But what ever I do I get the same error.

I even low level formated the drive but that did not help.

Someone please help!!!!

Thanks