[Question #76995]: Ubuntu 9.04 netbook remix boot issue

Hi, i downloaded Ubuntu 9.04 netbook remix and made a bootable usb from which i could install it on my HP mini 2140. While writing the image to the usb everything seems to go fine, but when i boot up my netbook with it and check disk for errors before installation it always says error(s) found in 1 file. I have downloaded the image twice now and written it to the usb about 5 times, but i still get the same error. So, then i just decided to go through with the installation, but now sometimes when i boot, as i get past the grub menu i get a long code, and somewhere within the code it says something about invalid boot option or boot option not available and in the last line it says "end trace" with a different code every time. I have to switch it on and off a few time before it boot up normally.

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.