Re: [Question #77050]: Dell Vostro 220S GMA X4500HD video anomolies

LANZen gave more information on the question:
Yes, the system is brand new and was installed a couple of weeks ago.
Auto-update is set up and I often run Update Manager from the menu each
day.

Some more detail on the fault I've just discovered. When in "Normal"
mode, if I open Firefox and have it windowed (ie not full screen) then
open Open Office and window that, too, when switching between Firefox
and Open Office, a "ghost" of Open Office with a really distorted output
appears on the screen, rendering the session unusable.

Moving back to "None" on Visual effects, the two applications co-exist
OK.

Here is the output with the video effects set to "None":

*-display:0 UNCLAIMED
       product: 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 2
       bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
       version: 03
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: msi pm bus_master cap_list
       configuration: latency=0
  *-display:1 UNCLAIMED
       product: 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
       vendor: Intel Corporation
       physical id: 2.1
       bus info: pci@0000:00:02.1
       version: 03
       width: 64 bits
       clock: 33MHz
       capabilities: pm bus_master cap_list
       configuration: latency=0

...and here's the output with the video effects set to "Normal"