[Question #77053]: cobol in ubuntu

I am wondering if there are any plans to  a platform for developing real Cobol programs w/database support in Ubuntu?
I have been working with maintaining and develop Cobol-programs for 20 years! In all companies I have  been  they are using some kind of Widows program (like Mainframe Express and other Windows programs).
And these companies are where the real big money and budgets for software developments are, like banking and insurance. I think when there programs like that are developed for Ubuntu they will be a real competitor to Windows.
Maybe most Linux/Ubuntu programmers don't like Cobol, but believe me; Cobol is rock solid and many problems in modern languages like Java and C  don't exist in Cobol. I have only 1 once experienced an IBM-mainframe has been down! The reason? The new IBM mainframe had support for  Java programs! Memory leak killed the mainframe! In Cobol there is no memory leak.
When and if real Cobol programs can be developed in Ubuntu/Linux then we talk about real competition for Windows.