Re: [Question #77022]: Back up

Tom posted a new comment:
Many of us keep a working Windows to boot back into whenever we want.
There's no harm in doing that and can be quite fun, in a "I can't
believe i used to put up with this" kind of way :)  Also some games and
things work better in Windows at first.

I'm glad to see you try things out before commiting to them, that takes away a lot of my worries about all that.  trying out Windows programs in Wine and then adding to their database is a really great way to contribute to the wider linux community
http://appdb.winehq.org/

An external hard-drive is also a good option for backing up although
dvd's have a kind of permanence about them.

Anyway
Thanks, good luck and regards from
Tom :)