Re: [Question #75818]: no sound coming

antonesimon is still having a problem:
hai
when i tried the update procedure you given, i have seen that it is for
ubuntu 9.04. but my ubuntu version is 8.04.
but any way i tried but some errors happend i attaching the error message
below
antonesimon@antonesimon-laptop:~$ wget
ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/driver/alsa-driver-1.0.20.tar.bz2
--21:05:39--
ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/driver/alsa-driver-1.0.20.tar.bz2
           => `alsa-driver-1.0.20.tar.bz2'
Resolving ftp.alsa-project.org... failed: Name or service not known.
antonesimon@antonesimon-laptop:~$
pls help me
thanks
antony simon