[Question #77080]: screensaver causes crash

New question #77080 on yelp in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/yelp/+question/77080

The "lattice" screensaver causes my computer to crash. The first time I selected "lattice" I was in the dialog box just looking at the various screensavers. It immediately caused the computer to freeze up.
Now I cannot even go back to the dialog box to deselect it because if I do the computer crashes. Also now I have to be careful not to leave the computer unattended for more than 9 minutes because at 10 minutes the screensaver tries to display and the computer crashes. I tried "lattice" on the computer of a friend who also uses Ubuntu Jaunty and there was no problem. Both computers are Dell Inspiron E1505 laptops.