Re: [Question #77109]: Compacting pdf files

Question #77109 on yelp in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/yelp/+question/77109

PLogic gave more information on the question:
I often need to upload or send files via eMail and often run into file
size limits for reception, as well as time-outs for transmission. I'm
seeking recommendations for file compression on an Ubuntu 9.4 platform,
running Open Office 2.4. For now I need to focus on .pdf, .doc, .peg and
presentation files e.g. .ppt, but .jpeg, .gif are also important.

Thanks.