[Question #77158]: Advise on mail server setup

Hi,
I need to setup a dedicated server on my DMZ to handle a few mail accounts.
I have browsed the Internet and I found all too many solutions, so I'm utterly confused.
I would like to get some advise about just how to setup my server to suit my needs.

I have a brand new server to dedicate (actually it will be a virtual machine, but that shouldn't matter) to handle my mails.
I have a registered domain, but the mail for that domain is already handled by my ISP.
I have a handful of users (me, my wife, my daughter, ...).
Each user owns several accounts (one on my personal domain, a gmail account, hotmail account, ISP-provided account, ...)
Each user accesses the net from several possible computer (we have our own laptop, plus a couple of shared Linux machines and a Windows Vista pc in our living room).
I would like the new sever to act as a mail concentrator to hold all the mail, accessed from the LAN via IMAP.

So I need a server that:
- Sits on the DMZ.
- Fetches mail from multiple accounts for each user (fetchmail? what to use for hotmail.com? what for gmail?)
- Stores all mail locally (possibly in maildirs).
- Does antispam and antivirus filtering.
- Serves all clients in the LAN via IMAP.
- Is accessible from the Internet with some form of webmail (to get our mail when we are not at home).
- Is reasonably secure and reasonably easy to setup (I have experience in installing and programming, but I'm no mail guru).
- Does mail forwarding to our ISP mailserver for the outgoing SMTP traffic.
- Allows us to upload to it several years worth of mail currently scattered across various computers.

I would like to have a HOWTO document telling me exactly what to install and how to configure. Unfortunately all things I found either fall short for some reason or describe full fledged mail servers suitable for ISP usage (and thus very complex to setup and maintain.

If some pre-packaged Virtual machine is available it would be just perfect (I saw a Zimbra VM hanging around, but it seemed to me a bit of an overkill).

Can someone point me in the right (middle?) direction?

Thanks in advance
Mauro