Re: [Question #77129]: Certain websites don't work in Ununtu Firefox

Question #77129 on firefox-3.0 in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+question/77129

lsearcey is still having a problem:
I found nothing about java when I put about:plugins in the address-bar.
But had the following about flash.

    File name: libswfdecmozilla.so
    Shockwave Flash 9.0 r999

I launched Firefox from the terminal but nothing showed up in the
terminal.

I also restarted Ubuntu and from the grub menu chose the recovery
version and all the websites work fine.  i think something I have
installed or set is causing the trouble.  Any ideas on that?