Re: [Question #77119]: Can not upgrade

Damiano Venturin proposed the following answer:
Hi Jack
unfortunately I don't know anything about your nice story and I thank you to share it with me. It was a nice reading (but is it really true?)

about the delete. I agree with you: a user should never compromise the system and I assure to you that without using "sudo" or the user "root" u can't seriously compromise the system. I don't know exactly what happend. I suppose that the issue was related to some deletion on hidden files in the home and things went worst during the installation process cause of a wrong or not complete formatting.
Some times it happens too that nautilus has some "strange" behaviours like in this case happened to me (you can read it only if you know italian) http://www.squadrainformatica.com/it/blog/bug_nautilus_si_blocca_in_presenza_di_alcuni_desktop_file

In your case I don't know. But for sure you had the occasion to learn
something more, right? think positive

cheers!