Re: [Question #76555]: Can't add/remove applications or run update.

bunted confirmed that the question is solved:
I originally installed Ubuntu 9.04 in Vmware's fusion on my
AppleMacBookPro from an iso image downloaded. I was unable to add/remove
or update software. I eventually deleted the install and then
reinstalled from disc(iso burnt to disc). This solved the problem. The
os should install from an iso in Vmware Fusion but didn't in this case.
Thanks for the help.