Re: [Question #77163]: 8.04 LTS. Lost all sound!

Question #77163 on alsa-driver in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+question/77163

Paul Weston confirmed that the question is solved:
Hi All. I haven't a clue how or why but I've just booted up and all sound functions are back to normal! It's an absolute mystery to me as I haven't done anything different to the way I normally do things. If you want me to post you any terminal outputs to help shed light on what's happened I'll be only to pleased to do so. Otherwise I'll just say many thanks for all your attempts to assist.
Thanks again
Paul