Re: [Question #77079]: Matrox g400 & Ubuntu 9.04

midnightflash proposed the following answer:
@ Jeruvy
Of course you may disagree. But the truth is that neither the official one, nor the unofficial by tuxx will work with neither the kernel- nor the xorg-version of Ubuntu 9.04.
And yes... kernel- and the xorg-version in 8.04 (and older) are OK to do so. I don't know and don't have the mood to look for 8.10...

So... greetings to Matrox.
I/we use nVidia since some years because of such problems with Matrox and Linux.

@ rroades
As you (for now until Matrox gives a driver-update) will have to stuck with the xorg-driver there will be no chance to get another dualhead-config than mirrored. Sorry for that.

Matrox is in blame!!!

Greetings