[Question #77335]: Why do I keep getting updates for Firefox-3.5 and Firefox-3.5-branding?

Why do I keep getting updates for Firefox-3.5 and Firefox-3.5-branding?  I have installed these updates at least 3 times, however, these keep showing up in Update Manager.

Uninstalling the previous version of Firefox did not help.

By the way, the current (3.5) version of Firefox that I am currently running is called Shiretoko, and has a different icon than the customary Firefox one.

Finally, I downloaded a tar.bz2 file from the Mozilla website -- thinking that would be the way to get the real thing - but I have no idea has to proceed with this file.

Any help would be much appreciated.   Thaanks.