[Question #77406]: Configuring apache2 server

I am using Jaunty amd64.  I installed the program Moodle recently to experiment with it while the college technicians continue work getting the Moodle system ready for general use in the Fall.  My installation went smoothly and I began experimenting with the site.

The next day when I logged on to the computer and tried to access my Moodle site in Firefox, I got the message: "Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /moodle/ on this server.
Apache/2.2.11 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.6-3ubuntu4.1 with Suhosin-Patch Server at localhost Port 80".

After monkeying around for a while, I restarted apache with the command:  sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart.  I was then able to access my site in my browser.

My question is, must I restart apache each time I try to access my site after having logged off my computer, or is there some change in configuration I could make to avoid this annoying repetitive step?

I would like to add that I would like keep this site for my own private experimentation for now and not for public viewing.