[Question #77409]: Flash install on 64bit didn't work

New question #77409 on Ubuntu:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/77409

I'm new to Linux but this is most frustrating to me.  Anyway, I followed these instruction
Here is a link to the release notes which has a download link. Here are the install instructions for Flash.

Here are the install scripts
64bit Flash Alpha*
64bit Sun Java beta.*
1. Download either script.
2. Right click on the tar.gz and select "Extract Here"
3. Close all browsers.
4. Inside the folder that extracts is a "Get64bitFlash" or "Get64bitJave" file, double click on it.
5. Select "Run in Terminal"
6. When the terminal closes, restart your browser.
7. Your done.

from this link...

I didn't see any errors pop up but when I go to youtube, I'm getting the older flash message and the tubes don't play.

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 on a AMD 64bit processor