Re: [Question #77372]: How to creat an internet connection in ubuntu?

munir is still having a problem:
I managed to insert necessary address using the Network Manager applet
form the top panel. But I had to run

 sudo pppoeconf

to establish the connection.But a problem occurred.There was a sudden failure of power and don't have an UPS.
After starting Ubuntu it was unable to connect. The name of wired connection "Auto eth0" changed to

 ifupdown (etho0)

and i cannot edit it as it is showing read/write problem.
Can you help me?

Another thing. The Network Manager Applet from the top panel just went
away from the panel a day ago. I couldn't bring it back. Although
System-->Preferences-->Network connections looks like the applet it
doesn't work the same way as the applet of the panel. I had to reinstall
ubuntu to bring it back.

Is there any way to bring it back if it is gone?