[Question #77412]: Unable to install NVIDIA driver on 9.04

I continue to have a graphical issue; I'm getting convinced that I have craptastic cards.  When I download the drivers, from the nVidia site, and follow their directions, I receive an error that says I cannot run he following command:

"sudo sh NVIDA-Linux-x86_x64-185.18.17-pkg2.run"

Can anyone shed some insight?  I've tinkered and poked and prodded so much hat now my Ubuntu install won't even load correctly, so I'm going to be strting from a completely fresh install.