Re: [Question #77443]: GRUB Error 18 - URGENT HELP PLEASE

Tom proposed the following answer:
Ok, we are just scouting around the problem and hunting out potential
lines of attack.  We haven't really started actually fixing it yet!

Fdisk has given a lot of meaningless info but it also does tell us a lot
of very useful stuff too.  All the "HPFS/NTFS" are Windows partitions,
Windows calls these "drives" but really they are all on 1 physical hard-
drive - they are just parts of the 1 hard-drive so we call them
partitions.  I think Windows greatly confuses this issue in order to
make it difficult for people to understand what's really going on but
*shrugs* who knows why  lol

Ok, so there are 2 physical hard-drives, we call them sda and sdb.
There's only 1 partition on sdb but 5 on sda.  This is all pretty
normal.  Form the numbering i would guess that a Windows partition
editor did the partitioning lol.  It's ok, we can tidy it up a bit later
:)