Re: [Question #77445]: 8.4 live cd will not boot

mcmorj is still having a problem:
Hi,

I have tested the RAM (it is ECC Error checking) 256MB
The CD does pass MD5 checksum (and installs quite happily on other machines)
The processor is a Pentium Pro 200 mhz (1995)
I know I had SUSE 9 on it a while ago and don't know what has changed to prevent other installs working.

Please note, this seems to be a problem with the loader that initially
starts on the CD, so I do not even get to the stage of deciding whether
to use LIVE CD or install mode.

Is appears to hang on the very first 'boot loader' instruction.

I could try another more appropriate Linux variant, aimed as older spec
machines as you say - but I think the problem I have will mean these
versions do not work either. I tried Various versions of Ubuntu and Suse
and all the same. I did get an attempt (just once) to the point of the
splash screen, and the install proceeded - but for whatever reason, did
not finish with a workable version.