[Question #77477]: had a problem setting up dh_make... how to fix?

     Hi.   Downloaded/installed dh-make package after reading the latest Ubuntu User magazine and didn't realize I needed email address set up as well as certificate(s)?  Anyway, tried to set it up a local mailbox only, but when I tried to use it to create a debian package it failed.  It listed several errors that seemed to relate to email & certificates.  Is there a simple way to reconfigure?  Also, if more info is needed, is there a log file that would provide specific info somewhere?
     I tried running dpkg to install it, and dpkg didn't accept it:

(Reading database ... 218839 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libdmtx (from libdmtx_0.7.0-1_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing libdmtx_0.7.0-1_i386.deb (--install):
 trying to overwrite `/usr/bin/dmtxquery', which is also in package libdmtx-utils
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
 libdmtx_0.7.0-1_i386.deb

     I would really like to be able to compile debian packages, both for my own archives and to upload.  This one is a reasonable package to start, since the on-line updates only have version 0.6 of libdmtx.  Can someone advise?