Re: [Question #77454]: Grub cant setup files

Question #77454 on grub in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub/+question/77454

Tom proposed the following answer:
Ok, i'm beginning to make sense of the numbers shown in fdisk

sda1 is a normal primary partition

sda2 is an Extended partition so it is like a bucket containing a space and 3 partitions
.  first thing inside sda2 is a reasonably big space
.  then sda3 is a 'logical' partition
.  then sda5 is a 'logical' partition
.  then sda6 is a 'logical' partition
Ok, that's the end of the bucket, the end of sda2

sda7 is a normal Primary partition

Hmmm, so if we could find a way to fix that partition table onto the
drive properly then we could work with it as it is.  Perhaps making a
change to the table will be enough to save it properly.  Perhaps even
just creating a new partition to fill that empty space inside the
beginning of sda2.  That would also give us an advantage of knowing how
big that space is :)

Good luck with all this!
Regards from
Tom :)

Ps i am assuming you have a lot of data on this disk that you don't want
to lose - otherwise it would be easier to wipe the disk and start again.