Re: [Question #74965]: How do I remove unused packages?

Jamie Lokier posted a new comment:
I don't disagree with the good advice to keep backup kernels... but
"text-file size"?!   A kernel+initrd are about 12MB; 0.1MB is large for
a text file.

I've recently had to delete packages including kernels from a small
Ubuntu installation.  The goal was to get it below 512MB, for a small
flash card.  One extra kernel is noticable :-)