Re: [Question #77390]: Unable to Play MP3s using Amarok 2

tombo proposed the following answer:
Hi try going to System>Administration>synaptic package manager  and do a
search for ubuntu restricted extras this should allow you to play mp3's.
I'm not sure if ligbpod is in there or not, but there is a program
called ipod I guess I would start there. I'm kind of a newb too so these
are only suggestions. I have installed tons of programs  through
synaptic and the worst thing I've had happen is the program doesn't work
(more likely I didn't know how to use it). If you don't like a program
just use synaptic and remove it.         Hope this helps !