Re: [Question #77483]: OmniVision USB monitor webcam works but its microphone does not

Question #77483 on alsa-driver in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+question/77483

vkulkov is still having a problem:
Thank you for your advice Tom!  I checked my volume controls again and I
confirm that the volume level on the webcam microphone is set to 77% as
it was before. Also, the mic is not muted.

I went over the two troubleshooting guides you recommended and found out
that I had tried pretty much every tip and advice in them already
before, with no success. Going over those tips and trying them again
now, just to double check, did not help, unfortunately.

Using the alsa-info.sh script, I uploaded my system information to the
alsa-project site. It is available at http://www.alsa-
project.org/db/?f=d2090c0ba2fd9878bd2f293261a35591dd3db111.

When I test sound capture with my webcam mic using Sound Preferences (System -> Preferences -> Sound), I get the following error message:
gconfaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! gconfaudiosink profile=chat: Could not get/set settings from/on resource.

This error message seems to point to the same problem with hardware
settings as in /var/log/syslog (see my earlier post).