Re: [Question #77496]: 8.04 Problem with Software Sources

Question #77496 on update-manager in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+question/77496

Trenoweth is still having a problem:
No, I didn't edit it it, I just entered it exactly as you wrote.

What I am trying to do is upgrade to 9.04, getting there via 8.10 but I
can't even start the first step!

Entering gksudo synaptic enabled me to look at Software Sources by a
different route, but it was still the same, no sign of Automatic updates
or Release upgrade, exactly as shown at: http://www.trenoweth.co.uk
/Screenshot-SoftwareSources-2.png