Re: [Question #77535]: Hard Drive/Partition not detected?

AJD is still having a problem:

A lot of good advice there but I think i'm ok now.

Hitting F6 and adding some boot options seemed to make Ubuntu recognise
my HD (thanks actionparsnip)  doesn't make sense to me - but it's the
only thing that's made any difference.

Now I just need to figure out partitions.

I'm thinking one for xp, one for ubuntu, one for ubuntu swap and one
fat32 to share between the two os's?

is this a common way to go about things??  the setting which partitions
to do what part seems a bit tricky also but i'm assuming that will be
well covered in docs for newbies.