[Question #77611]: web page on my own server

I want to develop  web pages for my small business. I have tried joomla and xampp and have had numerous problems running them on my 64 bit PC because of the versions available. What is the easiest way to do this as well as the best way to set it up. Wordpress? Or is there a better way.