Re: [Question #68783]: ATI dual screen not working in 9.04

Question #68783 on xserver-xorg-driver-ati in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-driver-ati/+question/68783

myxiplx posted a new comment:
Well, it's been a while, and I've got a terrible memory so there may
well be steps missing here.  However, I believe the basics were simply:

# sudo apt-get remove --purge fglrx
# sudo apt-get install radeon

As I mentioned above, I had problems with compiz initially, so I would
recommend turning off all desktop effects first via System ->
Preferences -> Appearance.

I also had problems with Window effects to begin with (although they
enabled fine later on), so I would be ready to turn off window
decoration if you have any problems with compiz:

# sudo apt-get install ccsm

And then in the gui:
System -> Preferences -> CompizConfig Settings Manager
Scroll down to effects, and untick Window Decoration.