Re: [Question #77623]: unable to remove running applications

Question #77623 on firefox-3.0 in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+question/77623

Micah Gersten proposed the following answer:
Don't worry, we'll still help you, but I had to move it to the support
tracker.

Can you select Terminal from the Accessories menu?

In that box, you can type:
sudo dpkg-configure -a

You will be prompted for your password.  You should then be able to
install the packages you want from Synaptic.

Don't beat up your friend.  I've never seen anything like the support in
the Ubuntu community.