[Question #77669]: Completely new - trying to find a GLIB source as part of trying to install Gimpshop

New question #77669 on gnome-terminal in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-terminal/+question/77669

I downloaded a tutorial from Suramya Tomar on installing Gimpshop to Linux.  I've downloaded a cpan module successfully but am coming unstuck on downloading a GLIB source.  The version in the tutorial is glib-2.6.3.tar.gz but thta can't be found.  How do I find the latest version.  I've never used the terminal before and am very new to Linux but I much prefer Gimpshop to Gimp and really wnat to be able to use it on a Linux system