Re: [Question #77500]: error 5 after installing Ubuntu 9.04 next to XP

Question #77500 on grub in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub/+question/77500

alienG is still having a problem:
Hi Again. Didn't do any changes from last post. Now going step by step.
1.
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo free -m
Mem:          1002        558        444          0         72        292
-/+ buffers/cache:        193        808
Swap:         2933          0       2933

2.  Partitions. There are three.

/dev/sda1,   ntfs,   size 127.33GiB , used 56.09GiB, unused 71.24 GiB,
boot. (In graphic bar the yellow from the left to right almost to the
middle). That's where my WinXP is.

/dev/sda2(has a key icon next to it),     extended,   size 170.76GiB

      /dev/sda5,   ext3, size 167.89GiB,  used 4.75GiB,   unused 163.14GiB (on the bar just a little bit   yellow on the lefts side(4.75GiB)).

     /dev/sda6(has a key icon next to it),    linux-swap,  used 2.86GiB

Before going to the next step I have some questions.
My Ram is 1002. Right? Then 100+2*1002=2104Mb. I need to make this partition on sda1, which is ntfs with my WinXP. Is that correct? The Resize will move(visually) the yellow part on the partition bar to the right and then it will be a little white, then yellow and then white again on the ntfs? I just want to make sure before resizing/moving, that that's correct. And because of resizing I can loose some data and that's why I need a backup? (I am too lazy to make backups of 56 GiB, so I am going to take a risk and skip that step. Tell me if I am being too stupid here :)). I am going to wait for confirmations before I try to resize sda1.
Tank you