[Question #77690]: help required with ubuntu studio installation

i have recently installed ubuntu 9.04 and after about 2 months have managed to get a stable platform for all my day to day use and wish to use it in preference to any other system. however i also need a music program to replace cubase. i have installed the studio packages which now appear as seperate apps and in system as ubuntu studio controls. my reading of the documentation is that i should now install realtime kernel,which would then give me a 3rd choice in the grub boot.(i am using the wubi installation ). i dont wish to experiment any further in case i destroy the nice setup which i now have. can anyone help me with this please?