Re: [Question #74437]: grub loading error 18 frozen screen

Question #74437 on grub in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub/+question/74437

Tom proposed the following answer:
Hi :) Nope you're not being dumb.  It's all new and the toughest part is
at the beginning.  As i said to soemone else today already ...

It is very tough with a very steep learning curve at the very beginning. Once you have overcome the initial hurdles and installed it as a dual-boot it settles down a lot. Most of us didn't have any experience installing any OS before starting with linux as Windows is pre-installed by teams of experts doing batch runs on one type of hardware setup. In linux we have to work out the foibles of our own hardware and do the work of a team of experts, and that's just for 1 machine! So the fact you've got this far is pretty awesome and you deserve congrats for that! Here's a general guide worth dipping into from time to time to help with translations
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SwitchingToUbuntu/FromWindows

Something for morale
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Antivirus

and something for general help to get access to proper community documentation aimed at Ubuntu specifically
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Signpost?action=show&redirect=HowToGetHelp
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SwitchingToUbuntu

Right, now i'll have a go at the main question here i think :)
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)