Re: [Question #77690]: help required with ubuntu studio installation

john is still having a problem:
if i re-install as you suggest will it install over my present ubuntu
set up and keep all my settings ,apps , e mail internet settings or do i
have to back up to my u drive, and if so what do i need to back up (i
dont know the file names yet) thanks for answering quickly. cheers js